Special award closed
This Special award is closed for entries.
About Beautiful Barnsley
For the very first time IGPOTY will be on display at Cannon Hall Museum, Park and Gardens from 28th August – 22nd October 2020. To celebrate the occasion, we invite you to enter this special photographic competition. IGPOTY and Barnsley Museums are delighted to have teamed up to offer professional and amateur photographers the opportunity to show the world how green and beautiful Barnsley is!
We want you to use photography to celebrate the green spaces and biodiversity found in the Borough of Barnsley. You could explore Worsbrough Mill & Country Park, the Trans Pennine Trail, Wentworth Castle Gardens and Cannon Hall Parks and Gardens for inspiration.
From the stark beauty of the Moors to your own back garden, we want you to capture and reveal the borough’s diverse landscapes. The competition is free-to-enter and will be judged by ‘Yorkshire Made Me’ photographers, Kyte Photography and the IGPOTY team.
Upto 20 awarded entries will be produced and framed by Barnsley Museums to be on display at a special award exhibition at Cannon Hall Museum from 25 September 2020 – 28 February 2021.
Prizes & Why should I enter?
1st Place -
2nd Place -
3rd Place -
- You may not submit watermarked images with your name or website visible on the photo. Please do not frame your images with borders.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 4 images per single entry token and a maximum of 6 images per portfolio entry token.
- For free-to-enter competitions you should enter 1 image per token given, upto a maximum of 8 images (8 tokens).
- Entrants' images must be .jpg or .jpeg format and of high enough quality.
- We recommend all images are output to 1920px on their longest side at 72 ppi. Any larger than this and you are supplying images bigger than they will be seen or used by IGPOTY judges; your files will take longer to upload and/or download to judges and viewers’ screens.
- The absolute maximum for each image must not be more than 7MB in file size and no more than 3000px on their longest side.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-res image (300dpi) suitable for printing/exhibiting should the image be shortlisted. You may be asked for this when the time comes. We can help you with this if need be.
Full competition rules:
Please see the IGPOTY competition rules.
Only images captured in the borough of Barnsley, England, UK are valid. Entrants cannot win the overall IGPOTY prize.
The award is free to enter. Adults only (18+) may enter. Normal admission fees apply. Barnsley Council/National Trust employees are excluded from entry; volunteers are permitted to enter. Each entrant may upload a maximum of 8 images. For special prizes awarded by Barnsley Museums/National Trust the winner must attend either Cannon Hall or Wentworth Castle Gardens to collect (depending on prize). Standard IGPOTY rules apply. Closing time for entries on the deadline date is midday (noon) GMT.
How do I enter?
Partner: Cannon Hall Museum Park & Gardens
Cannon Hall is a stunning Georgian country house museum set in 70 acres of historic parkland and beautiful landscaped gardens.
It is the perfect day out for all the family.