To enter the Special award, complete the steps below:
Closed for entries
This Special award is closed for entries.
International Garden Photographer of the Year subscriber
Dates for this category
|Start date:||August 16, 2019|
|End date:||April 22, 2020|
- You may not submit watermarked images with your name or website visible on the photo. Please do not frame your images with borders.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 4 images per single entry token and a maximum of 6 images per portfolio entry token.
- For free-to-enter competitions you should enter 1 image per token given, upto a maximum of 8 images (8 tokens).
- Entrants' images must be .jpg or .jpeg format and of high enough quality.
- We recommend all images are output to 1920px on their longest side at 72 ppi. Any larger than this and you are supplying images bigger than they will be seen or used by IGPOTY judges; your files will take longer to upload and/or download to judges and viewers’ screens.
- The absolute maximum for each image must not be more than 7MB in file size and no more than 3000px on their longest side.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-res image (300dpi) suitable for printing/exhibiting should the image be shortlisted. You may be asked for this when the time comes. We can help you with this if need be.
Full competition rules:
Please see the IGPOTY competition rules.
Only images captured in the borough of Barnsley, England, UK are valid. Entrants cannot win the overall IGPOTY prize.
The award is free to enter. Adults only (18+) may enter. Normal admission fees apply. Barnsley Council/National Trust employees are excluded from entry; volunteers are permitted to enter. Each entrant may upload a maximum of 8 images. For special prizes awarded by Barnsley Museums/National Trust the winner must attend either Cannon Hall or Wentworth Castle Gardens to collect (depending on prize). Standard IGPOTY rules apply. Closing time for entries on the deadline date is midday (noon) GMT.