About Captured at Calke
In association with National Trust Calke Abbey
International Garden Photographer of the Year (IGPOTY) and National Trust Calke Abbey have partnered to offer a new free-to-enter special award to celebrate the wonders of their gardens.
From peeling paintwork and overgrown courtyards to beautiful walled gardens and Calke Park's National Nature Reserve - it really is the perfect location for all types of garden and landscape photography.
Look for recognisable scenes of Calke from the garden which reinforce the wider context of the gardens with flair and originality. Avoid out-of-context macro shots of plants.
Aim to include some buildings/walls/glasshouse alongside the 'green' aspect so it is recognisable as being 'Captured at Calke'. Images captured at the site of Calke Abbey from the last 3 years only please.
Prizes & Why should I enter?
First adult prize:
By entering this category your image stands a chance to win the 'Captured at Calke' 1st place title.
Second adult prize:
Third adult prize:
- You may not submit watermarked images with your name or website visible on the photo. Please do not frame your images with borders.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 4 images per single entry token and a maximum of 6 images per portfolio entry token.
- For free-to-enter competitions you should enter 1 image per token given, upto a maximum of 8 images (8 tokens).
- Entrants' images must be .jpg or .jpeg format and of high enough quality.
- We recommend all images are output to 1920px on their longest side at 72 ppi. Any larger than this and you are supplying images bigger than they will be seen or used by IGPOTY judges; your files will take longer to upload and/or download to judges and viewers’ screens.
- The absolute maximum for each image must not be more than 7MB in file size and no more than 3000px on their longest side.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-res image (300dpi) suitable for printing/exhibiting should the image be shortlisted. You may be asked for this when the time comes. We can help you with this if need be.
Full competition rules:
Please see the IGPOTY competition rules.
Only images captured at the site of National Trust Calke Abbey are valid. Entrants cannot win the overall IGPOTY prize.
The award is free to enter. Adults only may enter (18+). Normal admission fees apply. National Trust employees and volunteers are excluded from entry. Each entrant may upload a maximum of 8 images. For special prizes awarded by Calke, the winner must attend Westbury to redeem, unless the prize is a Gift Card. No cash alternative. Standard IGPOTY rules apply. Closing time for entries on the deadline date is midday (noon) GMT.
How do I enter?
Online submissions (up to 8x free image slots)
Partner: National Trust