Dates for this category
|Check and Edit:||See Competition Category page.|
- You may not submit watermarked images with your name or website visible on the photo. Please do not frame your images with borders.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 4 images per single entry token and a maximum of 6 images per portfolio entry token.
- For free-to-enter competitions you should enter 1 image per token given, up to a maximum of 8 images (8 tokens).
- Entrants' images must be .jpg or .jpeg format and of high enough quality.
- We recommend all images are output to 1920px on their longest side at 72 ppi. Any larger than this and you are supplying images bigger than they will be seen or used by IGPOTY judges; your files will take longer to upload and/or download to judges and viewers’ screens.
- The absolute maximum for each image must not be more than 7MB in file size and no more than 3000px on their longest side.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-res image (300 ppi) suitable for printing/exhibiting should the image be shortlisted. You may be asked for this when the time comes.
Full competition rules:
Please see the IGPOTY competition rules, which always prevail.
All prize monies are awarded in Euro (EUR) only by Schlosspark Dennenlohe, inclusion in any exhibition is subject to the COVID situation at the time, at the discretion of the competition organisers.
IGPOTY is a juried competition based on skill.
Images entered into this Special Award are not eligible for any overall IGPOTY main competition prizes.
Allowed photos; any photograph taken in any private or public garden in Europe, excluding the United Kingdom. Any time of year, in any year.
You can use the IGPOTY main competition categories as a guide for subject matter, but garden photography is preferred over macro plant photography.