To enter the Special award, complete the steps below:
This Special award is open for entries
International Garden Photographer of the Year subscriber
Purchase entry to this category
Dates for this category
|Start date:||April 6, 2021|
|End date:||October 31, 2021|
|Check and Edit:||Closing time is always 12 Midday (GMT).|
- You may not submit watermarked images with your name or website visible on the photo. Please do not frame your images with borders.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 4 images per single entry token and a maximum of 6 images per portfolio entry token.
- For free-to-enter competitions you should enter 1 image per token given, upto a maximum of 8 images (8 tokens).
- Entrants' images must be .jpg or .jpeg format and of high enough quality.
- We recommend all images are output to 1920px on their longest side at 72 ppi. Any larger than this and you are supplying images bigger than they will be seen or used by IGPOTY judges; your files will take longer to upload and/or download to judges and viewers’ screens.
- The absolute maximum for each image must not be more than 7MB in file size and no more than 3000px on their longest side.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-res image (300dpi) suitable for printing/exhibiting should the image be shortlisted. You may be asked for this when the time comes. We can help you with this if need be.
Full competition rules:
Please see the IGPOTY competition rules.
All prize monies are awarded in Euro (EUR) only by Schloss Park Dennenlohe, inclusion in any exhibition is subject to the situation at the time, at the discretion of the competition organisers.
Images entered into this Special Award are not eligible for any overall IGPOTY main competition prizes.
Any photograph taken in any private or public garden in Europe, excluding the United Kingdom. Any time of year, in any year.
You can use the IGPOTY main competition categories as a guide for subject matter, but garden photography is preferred over macro plant photography.