International Garden Photographer of the Year - Book 11
This stunning hardback volume showcases the winners and best entries for the International Garden Photographer of the Year competition 11 and accompanies a major exhibition at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew in February 2018.
The exhibition then tours: numerous venues across the UK, The Netherlands, Gibraltar, Portugal, Spain and Germany. IGPOTY is a unique competition that is open to amateur and professional photographers alike – showcasing inspirational images of gardens, plants and green spaces from across the world.
There are ten main categories for the competition – Abstract Views, Outdoor Living, Trees, Woods & Forests, The Beauty of Plants, Beautiful Gardens, Wildflower Landscapes, Greening the City, Breathing Spaces, The Bountiful Earth, Wildlife in the Garden plus Young Garden Photographer of the Year – with additional special awards and portfolio categories. The book features all the top winning pictures from the exhibition as well as the best of the rest in a beautifully printed hardbound limited edition print run.
Key selling points:
• The finest examples of garden, plant and landscape photography from all over the world
• Foreword by legendary plantsman, Roy Lancaster CBE VMH
• Divided into competition categories
• Technical and artistic insights into the winning photographs by the photographers themselves
• A key resource to improve your own garden and plant photography
• A source of inspiration for anyone interested in the natural world
• Includes dedicated RBG Kew special award ‘Captured at Kew’
• Includes a National Trust category ‘Breathing Spaces’
• Includes the new categories: Abstract Views and Outdoor Living
• Includes further special awards: ‘European Garden Photography Award’ and ‘Gardens on the Go’ (new mobile-only category).