This exhibition has now finished
About National Trust Calke Abbey
'The un-stately home and country estate'
With peeling paintwork and overgrown courtyards, Calke Abbey tells the story of the dramatic decline of a country house estate. The house and stables are little restored, with many abandoned areas vividly portraying a period in the 20th century when numerous country houses did not survive to tell their story.
Discover powerful stories of a family who amassed a vast collection of hidden treasures. Visit the beautiful, yet faded walled gardens and explore the orangery, auricula theatre and the kitchen gardens. Escape into the ancient and fragile habitats of Calke Park and its National Nature Reserve.
What is unique about this exhibition?
• View a selection of award-winning photographs from Competition 14 in large format on IGPOTY's outdoor structure. Plus the podium places from the very first 'Captured at Calke' special award.
• Spot the 'Old Man of Calke', a 1,200 year old oak tree.
• Look out for red and fallow deer in their restored enclosure.
• Explore the Tramway Trail by bike or on foot.
• Stroll through the pleasure grounds to the flower garden with its unique auricula theatre.
Please note, due to COVID, dates may change at short notice.
Dates and times
Exhibition datesSeptember 17, 2021 to December 15, 2021
Opening timesGarden: 09:30 - 16:00
Visit exhibition website
Exhibition contact info
T: 01332 863822
NT Calke Abbey
Image credit: © National Trust Calke Abbey