Youth category closed
This Youth category is closed for entries.
About Young Garden Photographer of the Year
Are you ready to have some fun with your camera?
Welcome to the exciting world of garden photography. This category is aimed specifically at encouraging the young photographer to capture and enter their work - at a heavily reduced entry fee.
Prizes & Why should I enter?
By entering this category your image stands a chance to win the YGPOTY title and a camera prize.
Please note - you cannot win this category prize and the overall IGPOTY adult prize.
Camera - make/model TBC
1 x prize copy of IGPOTY Book 11
Signed individual certificate
Your image goes on tour in the travelling exhibition!
- You may not submit watermarked images with your name or website visible on the photo. Please do not frame your images with borders.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 4 images per single entry token and a maximum of 6 images per portfolio entry token.
- For free-to-enter competitions you should enter 1 image per token given, upto a maximum of 8 images (8 tokens).
- Entrants' images must be .jpg or .jpeg format and of high enough quality.
- We recommend all images are output to 1920px on their longest side at 72 ppi. Any larger than this and you are supplying images bigger than they will be seen or used by IGPOTY judges; your files will take longer to upload and/or download to judges and viewers’ screens.
- The absolute maximum for each image must not be more than 7MB in file size and no more than 3000px on their longest side.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-res image (300dpi) suitable for printing/exhibiting should the image be shortlisted. You may be asked for this when the time comes. We can help you with this if need be.
Full competition rules:
Please see the IGPOTY competition rules.
Only individuals aged 17 and younger may enter YGPOTY
Please ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering
Please see IGPOTY competition rules.
How do I enter?
Please purchase Single slots using the cart button above.
For help please visit our Frequently-Asked-Questions page: