To enter the Special award, complete the steps below:
Closed for entries
This Special award is closed for entries.
International Garden Photographer of the Year subscriber
Dates for this category
|Start date:||February 12, 2021|
|End date:||May 31, 2021|
|Check and Edit:||Closing time is always 12 Midday (GMT).|
- You may not submit watermarked images with your name or website visible on the photo. Please do not frame your images with borders.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 4 images per single entry token and a maximum of 6 images per portfolio entry token.
- For free-to-enter competitions you should enter 1 image per token given, upto a maximum of 8 images (8 tokens).
- Entrants' images must be .jpg or .jpeg format and of high enough quality.
- We recommend all images are output to 1920px on their longest side at 72 ppi. Any larger than this and you are supplying images bigger than they will be seen or used by IGPOTY judges; your files will take longer to upload and/or download to judges and viewers’ screens.
- The absolute maximum for each image must not be more than 7MB in file size and no more than 3000px on their longest side.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-res image (300dpi) suitable for printing/exhibiting should the image be shortlisted. You may be asked for this when the time comes.
Full competition rules:
Please see the IGPOTY competition rules.
Only images captured at the site of Ushaw Historic House, Chapels and Gardens are valid. Entrants cannot win the overall IGPOTY prize.
All relevant images will be considered from any device as long as it meets the IGPOTY minimum size specification as listed above.
The award is free to enter, entry to Ushaw gardens is free, however car parking charges will apply. Adults only may enter (18+). Normal admission fees apply. Ushaw employees and volunteers are excluded from entry. Each entrant may upload a maximum of 8 images. For special prizes awarded by Ushaw, the winner must attend Ushaw to redeem, unless the prize can be reasonably posted. No cash alternative. Standard IGPOTY rules apply. Closing time for entries on the deadline date is midday (noon) GMT.
Only awarded images may be used by Ushaw to promote the competition/s and exhibition/s and Ushaw as a venue whilst on display at Ushaw Historic House, Chapels and Gardens in 2021.