To enter the Special award, complete the steps below:
Closed for entries
This Special award is closed for entries.
International Garden Photographer of the Year subscriber
Dates for this category
- You may not submit watermarked images with your name or website visible on the photo. Please do not frame your images with borders.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of 4 images per single entry token and a maximum of 6 images per portfolio entry token.
- For free-to-enter competitions you should enter 1 image per token given, upto a maximum of 8 images (8 tokens).
- Entrants' images must be .jpg or .jpeg format and of high enough quality.
- We recommend all images are output to 1920px on their longest side at 72 ppi. Any larger than this and you are supplying images bigger than they will be seen or used by IGPOTY judges; your files will take longer to upload and/or download to judges and viewers’ screens.
- The absolute maximum for each image must not be more than 7MB in file size and no more than 3000px on their longest side.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-res image (300dpi) suitable for printing/exhibiting should the image be shortlisted. You may be asked for this when the time comes. We can help you with this if need be.
Full competition rules:
Please see the IGPOTY competition rules.
In addition to the normal IGPOTY annual publication of winners, by entering Celebrating Our Oaks, you agree that your image or images, if successful, may be chosen for publication in a special book of this award and wider Action Oak initiative. This book will be delivered by IGPOTY on behalf of Action Oak as a special project. Photographers are protected by normal IGPOTY guidelines of copyright and will retain copyright of their images. All proceeds of the book will be kept by Action Oak. By entering you agree to support this charitable publication. All other fundraising activities in relation to winning images will seek specific permission from involved photographers.
There will also be an exhibition of selected winners during National Tree Week (24th November – 2nd December 2018). Location TBC.
THIS COMPETITION CLOSES MIDDAY ON SEPTEMBER 30